Communities In Schools is the nation's leading organization that surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children's unmet needs, Communities In Schools provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students - many in jeopardy of dropping out - have the opportunity to focus on learning.
The Mission of Communities in Schools - Bay Area is to surround students with a community of support empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
We believe that every child needs and deserves:
- A personal one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and the community
CIS - Bay Area staff do WHATEVER IT TAKES to empower students to stay in school and achieve in life.
Employees can submit photos here: